Posted on Mar 20, 2020
March 20, 2020
The COVID-19 Virus has now been confirmed in counties both in and near the Washington EMC service territory. For the protection and health of our members and employees, all Washington EMC offices are closed to walk-in traffic effective Monday, March 23, 2020. Customer service agents are available to answer phone calls during normal business hours of 8:00am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday. Drive-thru service is available at our Sandersville and Wrightsville locations. Payment drop-box services are available at Sandersville, Wrightsville, Milledgeville and Sparta offices. Linemen and operations personnel will be responding to outages 24 hours a day to ensure uninterrupted electric service.
Washington EMC has modified procedures to help our members during this time. Late payment fees and service disconnections for non-payment have been temporarily suspended. Customers will continue to receive monthly electric bills as normal. We encourage all customers to continue to pay their bill, if possible, to eliminate large balances coming due after this crisis. If you wish to establish a payment arrangement or talk to a representative about your account, please call us at 800-552-2577. All payment options listed below are available during this time.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Communication and Payment Options:
- Visit our website at www.washingtonemc.com
- Mobile App (search for WEMC Mobile) – username and password will need to be set up online prior to using this service
- Phone – (800) 552-2577 – Talk to a Customer Service Representative or use our automated phone system
- Drive-Thru Window – Sandersville (319 N. Smith Street) and Wrightsville
- Drop Box – Sandersville (Temporary Office at 258 N. Harris St.), Wrightsville, Milledgeville and Sparta